Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at Noon PDT – Thursday, June 14, 2018 at Noon PDT
The Western Interstate Energy Board (WIEB) and the Center for New Energy Economy (CNEE) hosted a 2018 Resource Planners Forum. The meeting was held at the offices of Portland General Electric in Two World Trade Center, 25 SW Salmon Street, Portland, Oregon
The Resource Planners Forum was created to convene utility resource planners and state-provincial planning experts from across the Western Interconnection to explore emerging topics in resource planning, share insights and lessons learned, engage with state and provincial experts, and promote collaboration on potential solutions. Resource planners from western electric utilities, state and provincial planning experts, and other interested parties are invited to participate in the 2018 Resource Planners Forum.
The Western Interstate Energy Board held the first Resource Planners Forum meetings back in 2009-2012. WIEB is now collaborating with the Center for the New Energy Economy’s (CNEE) “Repowering the Western Economy” initiative to organize and restart the Resource Planners Forum in 2018. This project anticipates future Resource Planner Forum meetings and initiatives that can become a productive venue for addressing the challenges of a changing electric sector.
Agenda topics include:
- Distributed Energy Resources (DER) and the drive to improve distribution planning
- Reliance on wholesale power purchases to meet capacity requirements in Integrated Resource Planning
- Incorporating storage technology into Integrated Resource Planning
- Planning beyond RPS and decarbonization goals
- Planning in a new era of retail customer choice